Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review & Swatches: Kelier Nail Crack Polish (Born Pretty Store)

I really wanted to try a red crackle polish, and when I saw this one at Born Pretty Store, I was excited.
The crackle of this polish is a bit different than most, that's why I really wanted to try it.
The colour is almost an orange colour, not really firetruckred, but it's still pretty.




I applied this over a polish that I was already wearing, so don't mind the colour combo, okay ;)

Starting to dry:

You can see the crackle start here:

The polish dried too fast, or became too dry, because I got loose flakes:

This is not supposed to happen:

I could easily wipe the polish off with my thumb:



Now, I'm sure this isn't supposed to happen!
I don't know if I have a bad bottle or something else went wrong, but I do know that Born Pretty Store is now selling a different brand of Cracking polishes. So you might want to check those out, Ive read good things about those :)

Too bad this one didn't work for me, but I already found a different brand of red crackle that I like in the meantime. I advice you not to buy a crackle by this brand, even though  have seen good reviews on it.


9 comments:

  1. Did you have a top coat on your varnish? Because the only time this happened to me was when I used it on top of Varnish + seche vite
    When I used it straight on top of the polish I didn't have that problem. I have heard that it works best when the polish is not totally dry (but dry enough for the brush not to dent it when you apply Kellier polish).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oeh nee dat ziet er niet goed uit zeg! Jammer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Your haul looks really great.
    If you don't mind please share it with our fashion haul community.
    www.chichaul.com

    Hope to see you around there!
    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. major fail --thank you for this post (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did NOT use a topcoat, that would be weird, if the polish still needs to dry to crack anyway.
    I might have had a bad batch, i dont know, but they don't sell it anymore. Seems to me they might have had some bad experience with it and removed it from their store?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well then maybe it's a bad one like you say...

    At least one positive point in the mess it made, it's that you didn't have to scrape it off your nails, I found mine was a sod to remove, even with soaking :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, bummer! Wat zonde zeg :(

    ReplyDelete