Monday, June 6, 2011

Review: Zalando

You probably already know about the webshop Zalando, that is mostly known for it's shoes and clothes. A lot of blogs have already written a review about this webshop. And most of you will know that the majority of those reviews were far from positive. So when Zalando contacted me to review a product for them, I told them, that I've read a lot of negative things about them, and that I wasn't sure if I wanted to review them.I wasn't sure if they would email me back after that, but I believe in honesty and I don't want to write positive reviews about something I don't believe in. I did get an email from them though, and they still wanted me to review for them. :)
I believe in second chances and I told them, that as long as they didn't mind that I would write an honest review, I would do it. They gave me a voucher for 25 euro, which meant, that I had to spend at least 26 euros (which would be 1 euro from my own pocket) to use it.

So I looked at their website and finally I came upon this top by Guess:

Now I have to say, that I never look at brands just for the sake of the name, or buy tops this expensive.(Especially not because I can make my own clothing and I work in a clothingstore aswell) But the print really spoke to me, and hubby liked it a lot aswell. I finally decided that I thought this top was special and different enough, especially considering I only had to pay half of it. :)
I was a bit torn about the colour, because it might be too pale for me, but I decided that if it was, at least I could get to review the return policy aswell.

A few days after ordering, the package came:

 It was all packed into a big box, very big for just one top.
 It also had the special airpillows in it, to make sure nothing would break. Ofcourse this wasn't really neccessary with a top, but at least it was packaged well.





I heard a lot of people telling that there wasn't any bubblewrapping in their package when they ordered nailpolish, whih cause breakage, so I think they really learned from those experiences :)

The top itself is beautifull and fits really well. I might take in the waist a bit, but it's not really neccessary. And as long as I make sure to have a bit of colour on my face, it doesn't make me look too pale either. :)


So I was really happy with the product and the contact with the people of Zalando.They were very friendly in their emails, and I got to negotiate about the specific links they wanted me to use aswell. Which I think is really nice, because otherwise I would have had to use a link to something that just wasn't me :). I can't say anything about their return policy ofcourse, but I do think that they deserve a second chance.
We all have to learn and since they are a pretty new webshop, it's probably normal to have some obstacles and I think they learned a lot from their past experiences.

Zalando doesn't just sell shoes and clothes, but they also sell a lot of beauty products, so make sure to check them out. :)

For my Dutch readers:
Zalando Heeft een uitgebreid assottiment van schoenen en kleding. Zelf heb ik gekozen voor een topje van het Guess. Maar Zalando verkoopt bijvoorbeeld ook verschillende beautyproducten.

15 comments:

  1. Well that's exactly it, their return policy sucks. Adding to that that this kind of packaging doesn't prevent nailpolish bottles of makeup from breaking because those airpillows still leave enough room for the products to bounce around in the box. So no, they didn't learn from those mistakes.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't change my opinion about Zalandoo one bit. Comparing a top to nailpolish delivery doesn't really make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just saying that I've read they didn't use ANY bubblewrap before, and now they did. So I was just thinking that they improved on that. I don't know how they send nailpolish now, and I'm not talking about that either, that was just a side comment, NOT a comparison. And they didn't send nailpolish now, so they didn't even need the bubblewrap, but they still did anyway. So the packaging, at least now, was good. So who is to say, that they don't wrap the polishes better now aswell?
    And no, I don't know about their return policy, which I said aswell.
    This is just MY experience with them, that in comparison with others was NOT as bad as people were saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they probaly looked after you because they KNEW you was going to be reviewing them

      Delete
  3. No that's not right, they HAVE send nailpolish with THOSE airbags so many times and that was exactly the problem, the vials would break. And they still do it that way, they don't wrap nailpolish. I've seen it on many blogs and I've experienced it myself. So there's no improvement there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that really is a shame. Hopefully they read the blogs and the comments and improve on that eventually. Otherwise, they'll loose a big group of customers that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beetje grote doos inderdaad voor één shirtje. Niet echt milieubewust.. ik mocht daar toen voor 30 euro wat bestellen, en ik koos toen voor een Dior oogpotlood, stond verder geen kleur bij dus nouja je zou denken.. zwart. Kreeg ik hem in paars?! Pffff...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not touch this company with a 10 foot bargepole, I have ordered a pair of suede court shoes twice from them and been sent long brown boots which were not even my size. I returned the last pair of boots on 31st August and I am still awaiting my refund along with an answer to my complaint e mail, I shall never shop with them again. One mistake ok but not the second time aswell. Shop with them at your peril.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I guess your a bloke, why did you try women's long black boot's on would you have kept them if they fitted?

      Delete
  7. I hope my comment will help some one if you need to change the delivery address. I called in good few days before the delivery should due, ask to ammend my address totally usless staf told that my shoes might be delivered might not, took further details, done nothing at all about it. So goods are back to sender and I was offered to place another order after I get my refund.... I will never ever bather with online shping.... besides customers pay their wages and they don't even care of being nice on the phoe. Very upset and angry, piu at them and the service they provide. PS and they not the cheapest same pare of shoes costs about £50 less why bather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want these shoes they have but I'm so nervous I'm going to get screwed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple to the point and fair review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of disappointment. Big critique to delivery system and customer service. Have ordered 3 items and never received them on my address. Obviously was at work at the day time when delivery boy ring the bell. Haven't received any note to pick it up in a post office, neither notification on my email or phone. With a bad feeling contacted customer service, and they replied that my order was declined and sent back to suppliers. My request to send it back as it was some kind of misunderstood was rejected ( which seems so easy to do in this case), on the top of it i haven't received my money back to my account. Will deactivate my account and advice my friends not to waste time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. O shit just ordered and then read tge comments ffs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete