Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Look: Mermaid

I've been thinking about doing a Halloween look, and decided that if I ever was going to do one, it had to be now. I don't have much days off, and last weekend we spend, refurnishing the bedroom.( pulling apart an over 2 bij 2 meters wide closet, and putting back together a new one)

Please keep in mind: in real life the colours were much more bright and vibrant!


I used a lot of products, and I'll try to list all of them, but unfortunately, you won't recognize them all: I still don't have the right lighting.


I started with making my face pale and glowy. I used Every Day Minerals Kaolin Powder Fair, and on top of that I used NYX mosaic powder Highlighter.


On my cheeks I used some silver and pale blue from the Zoeva Metallic Stone Palette.



On my forehead, I applied some Gosh eyeshadowbase, because it has this pearly white shimmer. Then I used some fabric and dabbed some Gosh Effect Powder Azure on the fabric, to create the fishscale-effect.
I could have done more on my cheekbones or on the sides of my face, but I didn't have all day ;)



My eyebrows were done with Gosh eyeshadowbase, Gosh Effect Powder Steel, Coastel Scents eyeshadowpencil Celestial Moon, NYX Glitter Mania Disco Ball. The last one is a holographic silver glitter powder, which unfortunately doesn't really show very well on cam. Lastly I applied a line of Gosh Effect Powder Sea Me underneath the eyebrow and brushed that a bit through the eyebrows for some more colour. I didn't want the eyebrows to look too 'grey'.

On the eyes I  applied some CS Celestial Moon in the inner eye corner and some CS eyeshadowpencil Teal on the rest of the eyelid. I used Gosh Effect Powders: Paradise, Blue Diamond, Azure and Aquatic. I used Sky as a highlighter.



Then I took the Teal pencil and drew some lines underneath the eye and on the outer corner. I also applied some NYX Glitter Mania Blue, which doens't show up on cam at all :(, on the outer V and above the crease.


Then I applied some CS True Black gelliner and applied the Sugarpill fake lashes.

On my lips I applied some Eight Hour Cream, and then applied the Gosh Effect Powder Azure. It gives a real bright and metallic shiney effect, which I adore.

After that, I used some fake hair and a hairpiece. Unfortunately I don't have a big wig, with lots of volume and shells and such, but hey, this worked pretty good.

And ofcourse, I can't make pictures without being weird....hahahah


Please let me know what you think of this look and if I should do this more often, or just keep posting EOTD's. Also, don't forget the GOSH giveaway!!!



6 comments:

  1. The blue in your eyes is AMAZING! I love the "scales" on your forehead and your choice of lashes. Gorgeous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Halloweenlook, it looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow ik vind het echt zo mooi, je voorhoofd maakt het echt helemaal af

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dat ziet er super geslaagd uit! Ik zou helemaal zot worden van die wimpers :p
    Dat heb je echt enorm goed gedaan wauw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supermooi zeg! Die outfitt maakt het af, haha! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww thanx guys. :) I didnt have a lot of time but i really wanted to do a halloween look, and this was the leadt I could do. It's pretty basic/easy, but I had fun doling it, and It's really great to read your comments on it. :))

    I'll see if i can do something similiar if i have a day off or something. I really need to make (more) time for this. Feel free to give me some inspiration for those ;)

    ReplyDelete