Monday, February 8, 2010

(Makeup) Haul for EFF

So I've been searching for stuff to make my EFF (elf fantasy fair) costume and ofcourse I also need the right makeup to go with it.

At alicejohavesentials they have a lot of gorgeous stuff, especially Barry M, which I love. Thanx for introducing me to the brand Rebecca!!. I love Barry M's glitter and dazzle dusts and last week, the second one was half price. So I decided to finally order some makeup there.
This way I can also start and try out some looks for the EFF.

What did I buy?

 

A lippaint, a dazzledust, a glitterdust and an eyepencil, all by Barry M. 
And which ones did I get exactly?



Barry M Fine Glitter Dust 21 Opal  
Barry M Dazzle Dust 16 Dark Green
Barry M Kohl Pencil Black
Barry M Lip Paint Black 

The dusts, I already know and love, but I bought the eyepencil because a guy on Youtube was telling that this one stayd put on your waterline. Since eye pencils never do that on my waterline, I wanted to try it out.
The same guy was also very enthousiastic about the lip paints. Especially this one, which made me very curious.I never had a black lipstick that was very good, and it would be perfect for my costume.


Let's see if those of you who don't already know can guess what has inspired my costume.. I'll give you a hint with a picture of something else I bought.



Yes, My EFF costume will be inspired by a raven...and also a bit by the Celtic goddess the Morrighan, since she can turn into a crow/raven.
This is the necklace that I totally fell in love with and was the inspiration for my choice:



I'll be trying out these new products and probably will write some blogs about it aswell.

8 comments:

  1. ooh! LOVE that necklace! Your costume is going to be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *megs ohhss and ahhhs* Can't wait to see the final product! I know it will be amazing! The necklace and feather rock and the makeup looks like the perfect match! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oeh, I cant wait to see what ur gonna be like. Gorgeous, as usual :)
    xxx
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx babes! I have a very cool look in my head, but Im not sure if Im able to make it look like that. If i can, it wil be AWESOME! But i fear it wont be, so now i have some time to try stuff out.

    Still ot sure about my costume either, i know what Ill make for the clothes, and will use as accesories, but im still not sure what to do tiwht the hair and maybe wings. Still have some time though, and i cam up with a new idea for the hair(piece), will let you know how that works out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the name Morrighan, the first thing that came to my mind was the character from Dragon Age. She is inspired on the goddess and her costume is awesome! Here are some links to inspire you. :)

    http://sezax.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/dao_morrigan.jpg

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ylHlNv0ChHg/SxNDGgtzgKI/AAAAAAAAAdI/DrDbod5b8Nk/s1600/morrigan3.jpg

    http://ready2beat.com/entertainment/games/dragon-age-morrigan-romance-wikipedia-dragonagewikiacomwikimorrigan

    I hope you like it! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. @paula, huh sid didnt even tell me there was a character like that in that game. Funny though I had been thinking about feather son the shoulders, but im not sure if i have enough feathers for that. They are pretty expensive, so I wont make a whole skirt out of them either.
    Im going to have more clothing aswell...lol...just think..leather.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome!
    Excited to see this year's costume. Sarah and I were just talking about it when we were shopping with her friend, we saw a black lace parasol we thought you would have loved, but the shop was closed and we didn't know if you had one already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww *smiles* you are way to kind. Don't worry I already have a belgian lace parasol.(which i bought from someone in HongKong, lol!)
    And I dont think it will fit with this yrs costume...might be too...sweet..hehe.
    I'll be in leather, no silk, satin and lace this yr!
    I seriously need to come to London sometime, you have some awesome shops there AND my best friend also lives there nowadays. She works at Cyberdog :)

    ReplyDelete